Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I think gay people are on to something!

On November 4th 2008, a record 66 million Americans exercised their right to vote and sent a clear message to Washington and to the world. I think it was called a mandate if I’m not mistaken. Wait, Wait, Wait, I need to change that first statement a bit to read: On November 4th 2008, a record 66 million votes were cast. I have to keep reminding myself that some might find the word “Americans” offensive, and God knows I don’t want to offend; Oops! I did it again; I just used the word “God”! Well hopefully no one will notice. It seems that some people are not happy with the outcome of the vote; they are protesting in the streets, using intimidation tactics, causing civil disobedience and unrest, rallying the troops, filing lawsuits and beating up old ladies. Yes it seems that gay people are none to happy with the results of Prop 8 which outlawed gay marriage in California.

Trust me when I say 58 million other people know exactly how you feel! Let me be the first to say you have every right to be upset with how the ignorant stupid wacadoodles of California voted. I was feeling the same way on election night when John McCain lost to “That One,” but trust me when I say Jack Daniels and Prozac do wonders.
Californians voted and sent a clear message banning gay marriage by a 52 to 48 percent margin. Ironically that is the exact same percentage which gave Obama the White House.
Now the California Supreme court is considering possibly overturning the vote that made gay marriage once again illegal in the state of California. An appellate lawyer on a panel in favor of gay marriage observed the court's obligation "to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority." Well that sounds good to me!
Can we then apply that same logic to the results of the 2008 presidential election? I believe that I could probably find 58 million other people that might agree with me. Now I know we are in the minority and no matter how hard we would try we could never get Obama’s presidency overturned no matter how hard we prayed.
Cornell University Law School states: In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word “marriage” means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word “spouse” refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife. Now there seems to be a caveat to that law; Massachusetts, however that’s a story for a different time and place.
Maybe we can come to some type of compromise, we will let you keep “The One” and you let heterosexual couples own the word marriage. If The California Supreme court decides to overturn the will of the people then there might just be hope for 58% of Americans that didn’t buy what Obama was selling.
Sometimes Life isn’t fair. I wish everybody in this country was treated equally and had the exact same rights; however sadly that is not the case. I would love to have access to free health care, a free college education for my entire family, not have to pay taxes, and be paid monthly for my daily living expenses without having to work for my keep; but then again I am a not an illegal alien.

Link: Andrew Breitbart on Prop 8 Blacklist

No comments: